Words Of Wisdom

I have outlasted all desire,
My dreams and I have grown apart;
My grief alone is left entire,
The gleanings of an empty heart.

-Untitled, 1821 Alexander Pushkin


Friday 13 July 2007

Chains Of Sorrow

My heart darkens in sorrow,
Struck by death's arrow.
Shan't I perish for thy love;
Or flutter away like a dove?

For peace is gone; despair is near,
Joy abandoned me; grief is here.
Why have thou left me alone, cold
in the dark, surrounded by evil souls?

O' let me free from thy manacles!
It is poison, killing me so subtle!
O' let me go! Open thy steel chains!
Take my life, and end my pain!

My soul drowns in sorrow,
For me, no more tomorrow.




2 comments:

Deanna said...

This is so beautifully lonesome. I could fall in love with you just for your emotion... or is it my emotion that's getting in my way?.. hmm

Anonymous said...

Great poem. Your gifted. I wonder if you`re really going through all that. I know that every time I write poetry it comes down from the core of my emotional drama. I will also at you to my blog roll since I guess we`re on the same profession.